Established in 1993 and consecrated in 2004, the Arulmigu Murugan Temple is the only Hindu temple in the Jurong area. The temple was built through community efforts whereby the Hindu community raised S$4 million towards its construction. At its consecration, the temple drew more than 15,000 devotees.
The temple’s main tower is built in the Dravidian style by temple craftsmen from India. The temple has a six-foot statue is dedicated to their presiding deity, Lord Murugan. It is also the only Hindu temple in Singapore to feature a yagasalai, a permanent fixture for prayers involving the use of fire. The Arulmigu Murugan Temple also conducts religious classes for hymn recitals.
Today, the Arulmigu Murugan Temple services around 1000 worshippers each day and up to 3000 on weekends. Most devotees are Hindus from the Jurong, Yuhua, Teban and Boon Lay areas, while there are also non-Hindu Chinese worshippers.