Finlayson Green

Finlayson Green was a triangular oasis of flowers and trees, designed for visual appeal among the buildings housing, shipping and insurance offices. It was bounded by Collyer Quay, Raffles Quay and a street which was also named Finlayson Green, and it was one of several streets metalled, named and declared a public street in 1895. It was named after John Finlayson, head of Boustead and Co. and chairman of the Singapore Chamber of Commerce. He was also chairman of the Tanjong Pagar Dock Company and a Legislative Councillor.

Date/Period
c. 1905
Region
Singapore
Dimension
Image size: 8.9 x 13.9 cm
Accession No.
1997-03253
Collection of
National Museum of Singapore
Category
Postcards