View of the harbour

This painting was rendered in the style of Chinese Export paintings. It shows the Singapore Institution (Raffles Institution) behind the ship bearing a French flag and St. Andrew's Church (St. Andrew's Cathedral from 1870) with its steeple on the seafront.

Date/Period
Mid 19th century
Region
Singapore
Dimension
Image size: H:43.8 x W:76.2
Accession No.
HP-0082
Material
Oil on board
Collection of
National Museum of Singapore
Credit Line
Gift of Lim K Tan
Category
Historical Painting