Established in 1936, the Singapore Tai Guan Ong See Association was initially located at Jalan Besar. It then moved to a three-storey building at Race Course Lane in 1954. At this time, the association provided its members a space for socialising and organised activities to encourage interaction and learning amongst its members. The association established a mutual aid department in the 1962 and began providing welfare services in 1991. Today it also organises annual ceremonies to worship the common ancestors of its members.