Peranakan Museum - Jubilee Walk

39 Armenian Street, Singapore 179941 Get Directions

0 loved this Place

Former Tao Nan School

Please scroll down to view information about this place in  the following languages:
中文 - Mandarin | بهاس ملايو - Bahasa Melayu | தமிழ் - Tamil


Between 1912 and 1982, this building housed the Tao Nan School. Although it was originally established to educate the children of the Hokkien community, the school began admitting students from all Chinese dialect groups from 1909. It was the first local Chinese school to teach in Mandarin rather than dialect in 1916. It began teaching English from as early as 1914.  

In 1957, Tao Nan, along with many other Chinese schools, became a government-aided school and part of a unified national education system. Later, as families shifted out of the city centre and school enrolment dwindled, the school moved to Marine Parade in 1982.

This building was part of the Asian Civilisations Museum from 1997 up to 2005. It was refurbished in 2005 as the Peranakan Museum, which opened to the public in 2008.

Learn more about this National Monument


土生文化馆

1912年至1982年间,这栋建筑曾是道南学校校址。学校起初只招收闽南(福建)籍学生,但从1909年起便广收其他华侨子弟。道南学校早在1914年开始教英文,1916年更成为首个以华语而非方言教学的本地华校。

1957年,在政府统一教育制度的计划下,道南学校与其他多所华校成为了政府辅助学校。后来,由于许多家庭迁离中央市区导致入学率下降,道南学校于1982年迁至马林百列。

从1997年至2005年,这栋建筑成为亚洲文明博物馆所在地。随后,这栋建筑在2005年经翻新改为土生文化馆,并在2008年开放供公众参观。


Muzium Peranakan

Di antara 1912 dan 1982, Sekolah Tao Nan telah menggunakan bangunan ini. Walaupun pada mulanya sekolah ini telah ditubuhkan untuk mendidik anak-anak masyarakat Hokkien, ia mula mengambil pelajar-pelajar daripada semua kumpulan dialek Cina pada 1909. Ia merupakan sekolah tempatan Cina yang pertama yang mengajar dalam bahasa Mandarin dan bukan dialek pada 1916. Sekolah ini mula mengajar bahasa Inggeris pada awal 1914.

Pada 1957, bersama-sama banyak sekolah Cina yang lain, Sekolah Tao Nan menjadi sekolah bantuan pemerintah dan menjadi sebahagian daripada sistem pendidikan nasional yang diseragamkan. Memandangkan banyak keluarga berpindah keluar dari kawasan pusat bandar dan bilangan pendaftaran murid di sekolah semakin berkurangan, sekolah ini berpindah ke Marine Parade pada 1982.

Bangunan ini merupakan sebahagian daripada Muzium Tamadun Asia dari 1997 hingga 2005. Muzium ini telah diperbaharui pada 2005 sebagai Muzium Peranakan, yang dibuka kepada awam pada 2008.


பெரானாக்கான் அரும்பொருளகம்

1912முதல் 1982வரை இக்கட்டடம் தாவ் நான் பள்ளியாக இயங்கியது. இப்பள்ளி ஹொக்கியன் சமூக சிறுவர்களுக்காகத் தொடங்கப்பட்டிருந்தாலும், 1909 முதல் மற்றச் சீனக் கிளைமோழி பேசும் மாணவர்களையும் சேர்த்துக்கொண்டது. 1916ஆம் ஆண்டு, கிளைமொழிகளைத் தவிர்த்து மாண்டரின் மொழியில் பாடம் கற்பித்த முதல் உள்ளூர்ச் சீனப் பள்ளி இதுவே.

1957ஆம் ஆண்டு, இதர பல சீனப் பள்ளிகளோடு தாவ் நான் பள்ளியும் அரசாங்க உதவி பெறும் பள்ளியாகி, ஒருங்கமைக்கப்பட்ட தேசிய கல்வி முறையின் ஓர் அங்கமானது. காலப்போக்கில் பல குடும்பங்கள் நகர மையத்திலிருந்து குடிபெயர்ந்ததால், பள்ளியில் மாணவர்களின் எண்ணிக்கை குறைந்து, பள்ளி 1982ஆம் ஆண்டு மரீன் பரேடுக்கு இடம்மாறியது.

இந்தக் கட்டடம் 1997ஆம் ஆண்டுமுதல் 2005ஆம் ஆண்டுவரை ஆசிய நாகரிகங்கள் அரும்பொருளகத்தின் ஒரு பகுதியாக விளங்கியது. இது 2005ஆம் ஆண்டு புதுப்பிக்கப்பட்டு பெரானாக்கான் அரும்பொருளகமா�� 2008 ஆம் ஆண்டு பொதுமக்களுக்குத் திறந்துவைக்கப்பட்டது.