This cluster of religious institutions includestemples previously located in Tampines duringthe kampong era (1800s-1980s) as well astemples from other parts of Singapore. Theyinclude Taoist and Buddhist temples, and theJiutiaoqiao Xinba Nadutan Temple (九条桥新芭拿督坛) which is notable for housing shrinesof multiple faiths and drawing worshippersfrom across various cultures.
The Jiutiaoqiao Temple is a constituent ofthe Nadutan Baoangong Tiandegong Temple(拿督坛保安宫天德宫; 95 Tampines Link), alongwith the Poh Ann Keng Temple (保安宫) and theTian Teck Keng Temple (天德宫). Founded in1927 in Ang Mo Kio before moving to Tampinesin 2004, Jiutiaoqiao enshrines the Taoist Tua Pek Kong, the Hindu god Ganesha and the uniquely Malayan deity Datuk Gong. The Tian Teck Keng Temple is known for being the only temple in Singapore to depict the deity Nezha in his battle form of three heads and six arms.
The Kew Sian King Temple (九仙宫; 7 TampinesAvenue) traces its origins to the old TampinesRoad and was built near Teck Hock Village atthe 7 3⁄4 milestone in 1928. A stone tablet in thetemple recounts aspects of its history, includingits founding by members of the Peh clan fromFujian province in China. This temple enshrinesthe female deity Jiutian Xuannu, as well as otherdeities including Guanyin and Tua Pek Kong.During the kampong period, the temple was known colloquially as Hin Nim Ma Keng, in reference to the deity Jiutian Xuannu’s Hokkien name.
Other temples in the cluster include the HiapTien Keng Leng Poh Tian which is dedicated toGuan Di, the God of War.
At the end of the temple cluster and alongTampines Avenue lies a row of shophousesthat was once part of the former Hun YeangVillage. The village was named after 20thcentury plantation owner Khoo Hun Yeang.The shophouses, along with Hun Yeang Roadand Jalan Sam Kongsi Road, are among thefew physical reminders left of rural Tampinesbefore the area underwent redevelopment during the late 1970s.